Workshop Supervisor/ Leading Hand up to $190k Pkg (FIFO)
- WA - Other
- Permanent / Full Time
- $120k-$140k + super + Uplift
- Major Civil Contractor with strong reputation
- Predominantly reactive maintenance of large-scale earthworks plant and equipment
- Friendly FIFO Roster (2:1) ex Perth, Brisbane or Darwin!
As a well-established multi-disciplined civil contractor, our client have developed a strong portfolio of clients across government and private sector clients which has seen them deliver D&C, JV and Construct Only projects across the state with a reputation for reliability, efficiency and personable approach which stems from the top.
With the business going from strength to strength, our client is seeking a motivated and ambitious Workshop Leading Hand/ Supervisor with a hands-on and pragmatic attitude to lead the busy Pilbara based workshop on a fulltime and ongoing basis.
You will have extensive experience working for tier 1 or tier 2 civil contractors, with strong track record maintaining mobile plant and equipment associated with large-scale civil works.
We are specifically looking for Supervisors that can fulfil the following criteria:
- HD Fitter qualified
- Minimum 10 years of mining/ civil industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Leading Hand or Supervisor role
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Computer literate and strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Planning, daily supervision of workshop operations, including the scheduling of work based on priorities
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to diagnose concerns and faults with mobile and fixed assets prior to being booked in for service and/or repair
- Liaise with external Suppliers and Vendors to ensure quality control while sourcing and purchasing goods, as well as create and monitor the accuracy of invoices and records
- Provide technical support for Technicians and Apprentice during repair operations and diagnosis of mechanical problems
- Control and set workshop behavioural standards, and actively ensure own health and safety, together with that of fellow workers-Managing and organising plant and equipment to support the workshop activity
- Mentoring trades-persons;
In return, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly regarded civil contractor operating across a number of sectors, and contribute to their ongoing success in WA.
This is a permanent role and expected salary is $120k - $140k + super + Uplift.
To Express your interest..
Please submit your resume via the portal below. For discrete inquiries, please contact Mike Gray on email@example.com.
Director - Infracon Australia| BA (Hons) BTech
About Infracon Australia
We are a Perth-based specialist engineering and construction recruitment business, providing white-collar placements to civil and building contractors to help drive the growth across the infrastructure, resources and construction sectors Australia-wide.