Senior Project Engineer to become Project Manager
- WA - Other
- Permanent / Full Time
- $150k-$175k + super + uplift
- Mid-Tier mining services contractor with a good reputation
- Permanent position, 2/1 roster
- Long-term opportunity with a competitive salary up to $200k TPV
As a well-established head contractor with strong relationships with mining asset owners, our client has developed a strong portfolio of projects within the mine dewatering and water management sector. Offering D&C and Construct Only solutions to blue-chip clients, they continue to forge a strong reputation for service delivery and quality.
With the mine expansion market continuing to grow rapidly, and as a result of several successful tenders, our client is in a great position to bring on their next dynamic and motivated senior project engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career - make 2022 the year you finally become a Project Manager in your own right!
About the Opportunity
With recent project awards driving company growth, we are seeking expressions of interest from an experienced Senior Project Engineer with previous experience working on a FIFO roster, and specific experience in civil works, HDPE pipelines, bulk earthworks in remote locations that can demonstrate the planning, scheduling and commercial acumen required to step into a Project Manager's position. This is your chance to prove your capabilities!
Skills and attributes required in this role include;
- Engineering Qualified (Civil/ Structural/ Mechanical etc)
- Minimum of 6 years of civil construction experience in a contracting environment
- Will have experience across pipelines (including HDPE, MSCL, Steel etc) , dewatering projects, construction of turkey nests, bulk earthworks etc
- Sound project scheduling, cost control, and reporting capabilities
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to develop rapport with internal and stakeholders
- Prepared to work a FIFO roster on 2/1 pattern.
As a contractor working primarily as a head contractor, this is an opportunity to get in with a company that has a growing order book in a sector primed for growth and a management team that invests and believes in their staff.
Salary will be commensurate with your experience and will range in the region of $150k-$175k + Super + Uplift.
Interested or would like more information?
Please apply with your most recent CV via the online portal, or a confidential discussion over your suitability to this position, please contact Mike Gray on 08 9441 4862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director - Infracon Australia| BA (Hons) BTech
About Infracon Australia
We are a Perth-based specialist engineering and construction recruitment business, providing professional placements to civil and building contractors to help drive the growth across the infrastructure, resources and construction sectors Australia-wide.