Planning Engineer (P6) - Tier 1 Contractor
- WA - Perth
- Permanent / Full Time
- $150k - $160k + 10% Super
- Major Marine & SMP Project for BHP
- Perth-based to January 2022 then FIFO through construction phase
- International & Award-winning EPC Contractor
About Our Client
As an established and international EPC contractor with a diverse portfolio of works including major transport, energy, water and maritime construction with award-winning project history, we are currently seeking a Planning Engineer for an exciting marine project, initially Perth based before becoming FIFO in early 2022 when construction activities commence on site.
In order to be shortlisted for this opportunity, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualified (Civil/ Structural/ Mechanical Engineering)
- Minimum 5+ years civil construction experience working in a contractor’s environment
- Will be able to demonstrate good tenure in past employment
- Proven knowledge of construction/engineering techniques and sequences
- High Proficiency in Primavera P6
- Accurate and complex reporting capabilities
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
- Update (Primavera P6) schedules on a regular basis to accurately reflect current status of progress.
- Amend schedules to reflect changes to the project scope.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective project implementation of project management software for the project to provide accurate forecasting and progress reporting.
- Develop and maintain s-curve reports and provide overall progress reports and other matters related to schedule as required by the Project Manager.
- Administer compilation of reporting documents.
- Manage preparation of daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly progress reports for Project Manager, including the necessary inputs from the project team.
- Assist in weekly, monthly preparation of statistics for reporting requirements.
- Direct and advise on all contributions required for reporting.
- Assist with preparation of presentations & reports for project board and client meetings.
- Contribute to effective and consistent implementation of the Company's project control policies and procedures.
Perth based until January 2022
This opportunity is well suited to those who enjoy the FIFO lifestyle, but are seeking to spend some time in Perth before heading back to site on a FIFO basis to lead the planning function through the construction phase (approximately 12 months).
Salary & Benefits
You will be employed by a major tier 1 contractor with outstanding development and project opportunities across their Australian business, with varied and complex projects defining their strategy.
This role will be paying $150k-$160k + 10% Super + Project Uplift once you commence the FIFO component.
Shortlisting will commence immediately!
This has been identified as a priority position by my client and they are looking to initiate the interview process ASAP. Please apply with your updated resume on the online portal, or for discrete inquiries, please contact Mike Gray on firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 9441 4862
Director - Infracon Australia| BA (Hons) BTech
About Infracon Australia
We are a Perth-based specialist engineering and construction recruitment business, providing professional and technical placements to civil and building contractors to help drive the growth across the infrastructure, resources and construction sectors Australia-wide.