Planner/ Senior Planner (P6) - Perth based
- WA - Perth
- Permanent / Full Time
- $140,000-$180,000 + Super
- 2-year major $400m+ Infrastructure Project
- Permanent & Long-term opportunity based in Perth
- Highly respected and award-winning contractor
As an award-winning, national and multi-disciplined infrastructure contractor going through significant growth with an exciting portfolio of projects on their books, our client are proud providers of contracting services to the private mining, resources and infrastructure sector across multiple states.
About the Opportunity
Having recently commenced a major 2-year infrastructure project involving major roads, bridges, and rail works in the Perth metro area, this is an exciting opportunity for a P6 Planner/ Senior Planner with a strong background in heavy civil construction to join a long-term project in the Perth metro area.
- Review construction drawings and specifications to develop a strong understanding of the project scope, task durations and project deadlines
- Liaise with the operational team to determine the sequencing required to complete the project scope, and relate that to a chronological list of activities broken into work areas
- Develop and maintain resource and revenue loaded project schedules in Primavera for tender proposals and contract programs that sufficiently and correctly detail the scope of works, interdependency of activities and task durations
- Monitor the progress of engineering, procurement, fabrication, and field construction schedules for both overall target and "4 week look ahead" programs
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as required for all main areas on information received from project management team and generate management "dashboard" reports
- Prepare and update the As Built Program and any delay claim programs required throughout the project
In order to be shortlisted for this opportunity, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualified - Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying etc
- Minimum 5+ years civil construction experience working in a contractor’s environment
- Will be able to demonstrate good tenure in past employment
- Proven knowledge of construction/engineering techniques and sequences
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 software specifically.
- Accurate and complex reporting capabilities
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
You will have the opportunity to work with one of the most respected organisations in the Australian construction sector, with career development opportunities and project diversity the envy of the majority of other companies.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, but an indicative range of $140k - $180k + Super has been suggested, with some flexibility subject to your experience.
Interested or would like more information?
Please apply with your most recent CV via the online portal, or a confidential discussion over your suitability to this position, please contact Mike Gray on 08 9441 4862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director - Infracon Australia| BA (Hons) BTech
About Infracon Australia
We are a Perth-based specialist engineering and construction recruitment business, providing professional placements to civil and building contractors to help drive the growth across the infrastructure, resources and construction sectors Australia-wide.