P6 Planner (FIFO - IMMEDIATE START) - Contract Role
- WA - Other
- Contract or Temporary
- $70 - $80 p/h
- Immediate Start for up to 6 months term
- FIFO from any major city
- $70.00 - $80.00 per hour on-site
As a highly successful and dynamic head contractor with a national footprint, our client has been experiencing significant growth across their mining and resources projects in the Pilbara region. We are seeking a reliable P6 Planning Engineer to support the closeout of a $100m+ civil & SMP project based on site in the Pilbara.
Duration of Assignment
This is a contract position up to 6 months in length. You will be required to spend significant time on-site in a FIFO position with preference being on a 3/1 roster, although there may be some flexibility for Perth-based applicants. Applicants from interstate will be considered for this role.
- Review construction drawings and specifications to develop a strong understanding of the project scope, task durations and project deadlines
- Liaise with the operational team to determine the sequencing required to complete the project scope, and relate that to a chronological list of activities broken into work areas
- Develop and maintain resource and revenue loaded project schedules in Primavera for tender proposals and contract programs that sufficiently and correctly detail the scope of works, interdependency of activities and task durations
- Monitor the progress of engineering, procurement, fabrication, and field construction schedules for both overall target and “4 week look ahead” programs
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as required for all main areas on information received from project management team and generate management “dashboard” reports
- Prepare and update the As Built Program and any delay claim programs required throughout the project
In order to be shortlisted for this opportunity, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualified (Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years civil construction experience working in a contractor’s environment
- Proven knowledge of construction / engineering techniques and sequences
- Must be able to demonstrate high proficiency in Primavera P6 in an interview situation
- Accurate and complex reporting capabilities
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
- Willing to work on a rostered rotation
Please apply with your most recent CV via the online portal, or a confidential discussion over your suitability to this position, please contact Mike Gray on 08 9441 4862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director - Infracon Australia| BA (Hons) BTech
About Infracon Australia
We are a Perth-based specialist engineering and construction recruitment business, providing professional placements to civil and building contractors to help drive the growth across the infrastructure, resources and construction sectors Australia-wide.